Other online resources
There are a number of organisations involved in promoting justice internationally. This page provides links to selected organisations.
- Amnesty International (AI): a worldwide movement of people who campaign for internationally recognised human rights.
- Centre for Research on Inequality, Human Security and Ethnicity
- Child Rights Information Network (CRIN)
- Development Research Centre on Citizenship, Participation & Accountability
- Eldis - the Eldis governance resource guide includes a section on human rights
- European Country of Origin Information Network - This site, run by ACCORD (Austrian Centre for Country of Origin and Asylum Research and Documentation), provides a database of relevant up-to-date reports on country of origin conditions (human rights situation, political developments, security situation etc).
- Harvard School of Public Health - The programme on human rights in development examines how to realise the right to development in practice beginning with the rights to food, primary education, and health.
- Human Rights Watch (HRW): An international NGO working to defend human rights worldwide. This site contains overviews of the human rights situation in almost every country, in addition to reports on themes, such as prisons, child rights and women's rights.
- HURIDOCS- Human Rights Information and Documentation Systems International
- International Council on Human Rights Policy - ICHRP: This archive website presents the results of 14 years of research.
- International Labour Organization: This website offers access to manuals, policy documents and articles relating to penal reform.
- Open Society Justice Initiative
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights - OHCHR
- Overseas Development Institute - Rights in Action Programme
- Right to Education project conducts research and provides access to information and resources on education rights, legal accountability, and social mobilisation.
- United States Institute for Peace, Rule of Law Programme
The website of USIP's Rule of Law programme provides information on events and publications about post-conflict justice and international law.
- UK Government Foreign and Commonwealth Office: The FCO has developed a set of pages on human rights, introducing thematic issues, key multilateral organisations and instruments, and UK Government policy.
- UNICEF - United Nations Children's Fund
- UN Women - United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Stop Violence Against Women - STOPVAW: This website, a project of The Advocates for Human Rights, is a forum for information, advocacy and change in the promotion of women's human rights in countries of Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
- United Nations Enable